Cats are mysterious animals that are sometimes hard to understand; but when you learn to value their qualities and respect their personality you can get a really satisfying relationship with these animals.
To help you understand them better, we have compiled a series of 20 curiosities about cats that you may not have known. How cute are the cats!
1. On average, cats spend 2/3 of the day sleeping. Who was a cat!
2. Your personal grooming takes up 1/3 of the time you spend awake.
3. They are capable of playing 100 different sounds. Dogs only produce 10.
4. Cats can not see something that is stuck to their nose, they have a blind spot of vision in that place.
5. They hate water because their skin does not isolate them well when it is wet. However, some breeds in central Asia have a water-resistant skin and are more willing to bathe.
6. A cat can not come down from a tree with its head down because its claws are turned in the opposite direction.
7. Your tongue is not able to differentiate sweet flavors, but that does not mean they will not try to steal your candy.
8. The hair balls that cats expel through their throats are called trichobezoars.
9. Cats hunt even if they are not hungry, a very rare behavior in the animal world.
10. Each year, 40,000 people receive the bite of a cat. You do not have to caress where you should not!